Issuance of the additional ordinary passport is stipulated in the appendix of the Ministerial order n°03/01 of 31/05/2011 determining the fees charged on travel documents, residence permits, visas and other services delivered by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration.
The Director General of Immigration and Emigration has the authority to issue the additional ordinary passport basing on the following:
* If the applicant has duties requiring him/her to travel while he/she submitted the first passport for visa application at the embassy of the country of destination.
* He/she is required to provide proof for travels/duties
* If the applicant wishes to travel to the country while he/she has travelled to the country not in good relation with the country of destination
* Any other relevant reason upon approval of the Director General of Immigration and Emigration.
* At the head offices of the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration
* Five (5) years
* 100,000 Frw
* Fill the application form click here
* Application letter addressed to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration
* Copy of valid identity card and presentation of the original identity card
* One recently taken colored passport size photo with white background
*Payment slip of 100,000Frw paid to Irembo; Click here to request for payment advice ticket
*Physical presence of the applicant
* Additional ordinary passport is not necessarily issued to every applicant. It is issued upon consideration of the Director General of Immigration and Emigration basing on provided reasons.
* Most of the time, business people and staff of business companies are ones concerned by this category of passport and we require them to submit recommendation letter from the employer motivating the need for additional passport.
P. O. BOX 6229, KIGALI Tel. +250 78 815 2222 / Fax +250 0252585292
Service Tel: Passport +250 722 159 372 |Laissez Passer +250 722 158 692|Visa & Permit +250 722 172 974/+250 722 177 437 |PRO +250 788 674 848
© Rwanda Directorate General of immigration and Emigration. All rights reserved.