• No visa requirements to Rwandese travelling within the region (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, DRC)
• In case of loss of passport or identity card: Report to police/Immigration offices for an emergency travel document back home.
• If travelling using land border, be aware of unauthorized money changers as they may give u counterfeit money.
• Indicate operating hours of all land borders)
• In case of illness or accident: inform if you have any medical exceptions; inform, on request of the person concerned, his relatives or other persons; check coverage and insurance benefits.
• Holders of Rwandan Laissez-passer can travel to EAC member states and DRC.
• Rwandans can use their national ID or student card to travel to Uganda and Kenya.
• Yellow fever vaccination card required
• Travel agencies within the region through land borders include:
o Kampala coach (to Uganda and Kenya)
o Simba (to Uganda and Kenya)
o Mash Cool (to Uganda and Kenya)
o Modern coach (Uganda and Kenya)
o Mosh Power (to Uganda)
o Trinity (to Uganda and Tanzania)
o Jaguar (to Uganda)
o Volcano (to Uganda)
o Horizon (to Uganda)
o Matunda express (Tanzania)
o Select (to Tanzania)
• Airlines with flights within the region include:
o Rwandair (to all EAC member states); https://www.rwandair.com/
o Kenya airways (all EAC member states); https://www.kenya-airways.com/rw/?langtype=1033
o Ethiopian airlines (to Bujumbura); https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/RW/EN/
o Turkish airlines (to Uganda); http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/flights-tickets/kigali
o Qatar Airways (to Uganda); http://www.qatar.com
• Borders operational hours, read details here
P. O. BOX 6229, KIGALI Tel. +250 78 815 2222 / Fax +250 0252585292
Service Tel: Passport +250 722 159 372 |Laissez Passer +250 722 158 692|Visa & Permit +250 722 172 974/+250 722 177 437 |PRO +250 722 180 218
© Rwanda Directorate General of immigration and Emigration. All rights reserved.